the outside of a high street shop with a bike outside

Shop and Retail Insurance


We help protect shops and retail business with our insurance advice and products

Whether you own a high street shop, build furniture in a shed, run a franchise or sell your products and services via your website, we can help create a tailored insurance policy for your business.

We understand that your business is unique. If your shop sells food you're going to need different insurance to someone who runs a hardware business. So, that’s why we offer a personalised business insurance service that is tailored to your needs. After all, there is a lot to consider when choosing the best type of insurance for your business. If you store stock, you may want to cover your goods against theft or damage at your shop or home. You may also need cover for goods that are being sent by post. Increasingly, many businesses are online-only shops, sp protecting yourself against cyber attacks will be a high priority. No matter what you need, our team is ready to help you build the most appropriate insurance solution for your business.

simple blue background colour

When you work with us, we promise the following:

  • A dedicated account manager, who will always be your first point of contact.
  • A detailed and comprehensive review of your risks before we look for insurance.
  • Completely unbiased advice.
  • Access to a wide range of insurers, as well as Lloyd's markets.
  • An in-house specialist claims team with an unrivalled understanding of the retail industry.

Shop and Retail Insurance Products

There are a wide range of products that are suitable for shops and general retail businesses. You can find some of them below, but we always recommend a thorough review of your own unique needs before arranging specific insurance.

Comprehensive Stock Insurance

Stock insurance covers the costs of replacing your stock if any of it is lost, stolen or damaged.

Employers' Liability Insurance

Employers’ liability insurance helps protect you and your business, whether you have one employee or one hundred employees.

Goods in Transit Insurance

When goods are moving it is important that they are protected. And that's where Goods in Transit insurance comes in.

hanging lights in a clothes shop

Do you need Shop and Retail Insurance?

The simple answer is yes. If you own a shop, you'll need to get the right insurance for your needs. Whether you're a big retailer, you own a small shoe shop or your proving products from your online store, you'll need business insurance to protect your shop and your stock.And, of course, shops need to consider the other perils they may face. Theft, flooding, fires can all happen, so having insurance in place to cover you come what may is vital. Talk to us and we can help make sure you are covered.

an awesome merch t-shirt on a hanger

We have worked with Marshall Wooldridge over the past few years. I cannot speak highly enough about the service that we receive from them. Lauren, Paul and Helen provide a personal, friendly and highly professional service at all times. It's a pleasure to work with them and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone. I look forward to our working relationship continuing and growing in the years to come.


Matt Hubbert
Senior Production & Operations Manager
Awesome Merchandise

We’re here to help

We would be delighted to help you or your business with your insurance needs. Whether you need a specific product, or a full review of your current set up, just get in touch and we will come back to you quickly.

Contact us